Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

colton hanging out in a dump truck

colton hanging out in a dump truck

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh what a lovely day.  Sometimes I feel like I am on a roller coaster and I can not get off.  We have had some interesting things happen in our life.  I went for a school meeting for Kaleb last monday.  Earlier this year we had taken Kaleb in for some testing at Kumon, a tutoring place.  He tested as having dyslexia.  It kind of freaked me out, but Mom does great and she was very helpful and supportive about the whole issue.  So I started looking into lots of programs and things that could help Kaleb.  I discovered Brain Gym on the internet and it turns out Mom had the whole program.  What a blessing.  Well, we have been doing the Brain Gym every morning and it was helping, but we dragged our feet about other programs.  So finally I decided to get him tested through the school.  The meeting on Monday was to talk about the test results.  Kaleb tests average on everything, but visual recall on a small section of the test.  Three of the testers all found the same thing and suggested we take him to an eye doctor to have his eyes examined.  They concluded from the test results that Kaleb does not have a learning disability and that letter reversals were normal till age 9.  So anyway we are a little relieved and now know Kaleb is brillant, but needs to try harder.  
Mark got a little trailer that hooks on to the riding lawn mower.  The kids are having so much fun riding in the back of the trailer.  Mark originally got it to fix our driveway with all our pot holes.  He would ride the lawn mower up to the empty lot next to our house and fill the trailer with dirt and then drive down the driveway and unload all the dirt into the holes.  This process was taking a long time and in the meantime our neighbor was watching him.  He came over and started laughing at Mark.  He told him it would take him a week to do all of this and put trap rock down.  Our neighbor does this for a living and Mark and him figured out the cost of Mark doing it by himself.  The cost would be 750 and our neighbor said he could do it for 1,000.  We jumped at this offer and now mark and I can give rides to the kids instead of hauling dirt.  Today the kids had a playday with friends.  I was driving all the kids down the driveway in the trailer, except Kayden who was riding his bike.  We were going to feed our neighbor's horse some grass.  All of a sudden Kayden's bike chain broke and he could not ride.  I could not help him because I had a trailer full of kids.  We stopped at the horse stall and I look over and my other neighbor's friend is helping him put the bike chain back on his bike.  He tightened it with a wrench and put wd40 on the chain.  What a nice guy.  I am glad because I could not of fixed the bike or fit it in the trailer.  I am so glad for my yard.  I don't know very many places I can ride a lawn mower with a trailer full of kids and feed horses not even going on the street.
I am really working on my yard.  You may not be able to tell that much if you are from the west.  Every time I dig I hit about 10 rocks.  My whole yard is lined in rocks.  I am trying to get other things to grow other than hosta.  Hopefully the whole Young family will be able to see our house and rocky yard in August.
Cooper is still potty training and today he peed through 4 pairs of underwear.  He sure likes to tell everyone he is potty training, but not actually go on the toilet.  Somedays he stays dry and others not at all.  He sure likes to pee on rocks and trees.  
Colton is crazy.  He is climbing up our playset clubhouse all by himself and trying to go down the slide.  He mastered the little slide and moved on to bigger better things.  He likes to follow his brothers and they like to move.  He likes to do a trick of standing on our kitchen chairs and hanging his one arm and leg off the chair.  He loves to giggle and explore.  He has lots of bruises to prove it.
Kaleb and Kayden are going to a Karate weapons clinic on Saturday.  I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.  They might be able to take anyone down with a swoop of their foam numbchucks.  All I know is they love Karate right now and we are supporting.  

1 comment:

Gruwells said...

Hey you! I love reading what you are up to! Thanks for a fun weekend. We miss you......
Stacie