Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

colton hanging out in a dump truck

colton hanging out in a dump truck

Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Blog

I guess it was just a matter of time before I had to get up with technology.  I really am bad at staying in contact with friends and family, so I decided I would bite the bullet and get connected.  It is May 8,2008 and I just got back from women's conference in Utah.  I left my four boys home with Mark and they did really well.  Mark cleaned and cooked and cleaned and cooked alot.  He worked so hard and did not sit down.  He also lost 6 pounds because he did not sit down.  I should open up a weight loss clinic involving my four boys.  They can get anyone to lose weight.  

I was extremely spiritually uplifted and enlightened at women's conference.  I am really glad that I am a women and appreciate my influence in the lives of my children and family.  I was also able to attend the temple twice and really appreciated the closeness of the temple.  It was amazing to drive five minutes and be at the temple.  

As many of you know I have been Extremely afraid to fly and in preparation to fly I was so nervous and my stomach was tied up in knots.  I had trouble sleeping the night before and I was feeling so sick.  The morning of my flight I felt like I was going to throw up and I could not calm myself down, I had thoughts of not going on my flight and just staying home.  I was too anxious to see my family and have the much needed time away and be spiritually uplifted.  Mark had given me a blessing the night before and I had been praying like crazy.  So I went to the airport with my mother-in-law and still thought I was going to die.  I started getting dizzy and really sick to my stomach.  We boarded the plane and as we were taking off I grabbed the vomit bag and started heavy breathing.  I was sweating and feeling so sick and praying the whole time and all of a sudden I felt fine.  I wasn't scared anymore.  Heavenly Father just took my fear away and I was okay.  It was amazing.  I had never had anything happen like that.  It was a miracle.  I just had to walk out and Heavenly Father did the rest.  I think that was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life.  I was so limited with this fear and now it is gone.

My boys and Mark are happy for me to be home.  Mark appreciates me more and he has even been making the bed in the morning and taking the garbage out without reminders.  Colton did not like me for the first day, but has now warmed up and is back to his cute self. He is into everything and climbing up everything-chairs, stoves, and stools.  Cooper is still potty training peeing in lots of underwear.  He is so cute and talks nonstop trying to keep up with Kayden.  They both keep talking and telling the other one to stop.  Cooper and Kayden are always entertaining me with their tricks.  Kayden is the smartest boy in the world and knows everything.  Let's just hope he keeps up this great confidence.  He loves to give family home evenings up in his room and is always planning them.  He loves to write and learn and sometimes wants to give up playing with friends for learning.  He is always counting and learning about the world.  He wants me to cut off my mole on my face and watch how they do it.  Kaleb is now a yellow belt Karate boy and thinks about all the other belts he will earn.  He is so focused on earning money to go to the extra camps.  He tries to do all sorts of chores for money.  He ask if he can get paid 50 dollars to clean the whole house.  I asked if he would pay me 50 dollars to clean the house and he said no.  He loves music and wants to play the piano, guitar and drums.  If you are ever missing a CD, it will most likely be in his room.

I love my boys and so glad that I am their mom.   Alissa

2 comments:

Gruwells said...

Yeah! I'm the first to comment on your blog too! It is darling. I love the pictures- except the jedi one of Kaleb does freak me out! And Matt and I do chuckle a little when we see Mark in those waders. We love and miss you! This is so fun.....

Herrmanns said...

You did a great job. It made me want to get started. Tosh