Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

colton hanging out in a dump truck

colton hanging out in a dump truck

Friday, May 16, 2008

On Fridays a friend and I switch watching each other's children.  Today was my turn.  Cooper was in with his little friend eating a snack.  I told them if they finished their snacks, I would give them a brownie.  I walked out of the room and overheard Cooper say,"hey Sarah Ann would you eat my bread."  She said, "No."  He was trying to get the brownie without eating the snack.  How do they learn these things so young.  They were all outside and I heard Kayden telling his friend that our neighbor had seen a bear in their yard.  I heard his friend say he thought it was a good idea to go inside.  They left Cooper and Sarah Ann outside.  I then heard Cooper ask Sarah Ann if she thought there was a bear.  She said no and they continued playing.  So trusting.  Cooper is still potty training, I am beginning to loose hope.  We were in the bathroom going potty and so was his friend.  He went potty and then she went potty.  He looked at her and got real upset.  He asked why she did not have a penis.  I explained that girls do not have a penis.  He said it was unfair and that he wanted to be a girl.  Hopefully he won't be upset for the rest of his life.  I doubt it.  All the boys I know like being boys.
I made some delicious french bread and some eclairs.  I could not get mom's recipe, so they were not as good as she makes, but they were still good.  Who knew that one day we would all turn out like our mom.  Not too bad.  I find myself saying so many things like she used to say to me.  I hope my boys turn out just like Mark.
I am sure that everyone has heard about China.  It makes you so grateful for what you have and all the comforts we enjoy.  I cannot complain about my life.

No comments: