Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

Kaleb standing on a log at the Smith house in Palmyra

colton hanging out in a dump truck

colton hanging out in a dump truck

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad! Thanks to technology, I can still be part of your birthday party talent show. Mom wanted me to write a poem, but that is not a talent I poses. I can paint furniture. I took this ugly, rusted, metal, locker I got at a yard sale for $1 and turned it into a cute useable storage unit for my kids. It really looked bad when I picked it up. I painted it white. I covered all the rust spots and the ugly yellow color.

I distressed it a little bit, because it will become aged looking with my boys. I cut out boys locker on my cricket and stuck them on the locker. Now it looks cute and my boys love it.

3 comments:

T Sorber said...

I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing your talents and teaching me so much. I love to learn from you and just be with you even if we aren't painting... or sewing... or cutting... or sanding... or mixing concrete...

Herrmanns said...

You are so talented. Love you and miss you.
TOsh

Unknown said...

That looks good Alissa!! It is so rewarding to make something nice out of some one else's trash!